DEARBORN – New rules that provide market access in North America in exchange for access to closed Asian markets are necessary to save the North American auto industry, says Buzz Hargrove, president of the Canadian Auto Workers union. “Last year was one of the best for vehicle sales in North America, yet we are in the midst of an auto industry crisis,” Hargrove says at the Automotive News World Congress here. “No amount of chasing hot products, pushing ever further on productivity or the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.