U.S. light vehicle sales ended the best first half in history with record June sales, marking 21 of the last 22 months in which deliveries outdid the same year-ago period. There was no letup in large sport/utility vehicle (SUV) sales despite higher pump prices, but large pickups did decline for a second consecutive month — the first time that's happened since February 1998. Market share for cars increased to 52.1% in June compared to like-1999's 51.9%, the first time since January that car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.