BEIJING — All indications point to China heightening its campaign of state-owned enterprise reform. And its newest plan for success: more failure. A government newspaper recently called for an increase in the number of state firms that should be forced to merge or allowed to go under, including a good number in the automotive sector. The call to boost state-sector bankruptcies follows a recent meeting of state industry officials, at which Chinese President Jiang Zemin strongly advised the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.