SAO PAULO – Renault SA may build a new car in Brazil that is under development in France, says Pierre Poupel, president of Renault in Brazil. Poupel made the announcement during a recent visit with Luiz Fernando Furlan, Brazil’s minister of industry and commerce. The French auto maker will make a final decision within two months, he says. Other countries in the running are Spain and Mexico. Investment in the new model is estimated at $100 million-$150 million. Industry observers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.