DETROIT -- Renault SA plans to cut the number of dealer groups in its European network by 50%, published reports say. The move is the latest in Renault’s E3 billion ($2.65 billion) restructuring plan, designed to help Renault improve its profitability in 2002 and beyond. Renault will cut the number of its dealer groups from 1,900 to 800 by 2004 as part of the plan, which aims to cut inventory and generate increased savings in distribution and logistic costs. The measures are expected to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.