PARIS – The future of the new alliance between Renault SA and Daimler AG likely will depend on the success of their first projects together, including a common platform for the smallest cars. Media reports in France say the two auto makers plan the Edison platform, which will be the basis of the next Smart, a 2-door codenamed Rugby; and the next Renault Twingo, a 4-door codenamed Soccer. Potential volume is thought to be 350,000 units annually. The auto makers also are expected to share ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.