VIENNA – OAO Avtoframos, the Moscow-based car plant controlled by Renault SA and the city of Moscow, will double its annual production capacity from 80,000 to 160,000 cars by 2009. Under a new agreement, Renault will invest $150 million and the city of Moscow will provide land and buildings needed for the expansion of the plant. Inaugurated in April 2005, the facility will be expanded to include the adjacent land of now-bankrupt auto maker OAO Moskvich. Avtoframos currently builds the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.