PARIS — Renault SA hires one of Volkswagen AG's star executives to replace Carlos Ghosn, who became chief operating officer of Nissan Motor Co. late last month. Pierre-Alain de Smedt, 55, will become the No. 2 executive at Renault, in charge of purchasing, manufacturing, future projects and South America. He was chairman of VW's Spanish subsidiary SEAT SA. De Smedt, like Ghosn, has a very broad background. He has worked for suppliers Solvay SA, Siemens AG and Robert Bosch AG, and at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.