PARIS — Renault SA jumps ahead of safety stalwarts Volvo Cars and Saab Automobile AB with the best score ever obtained in the Euro NCAP crash tests. The Laguna II scored five stars in the large family car category, thanks to a Euro NCAP organization that wanted a manufacturer to raise the safety bar. “The first Renault Laguna II test showed that the car was very close to being awarded five stars,” says a Euro NCAP spokesman. “This spurred Renault into wanting to improve the safety features ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.