LISBON – A week before sales of the new Modus supermini monospace, or microvan, began Sept. 6, French Renault dealers already had placed orders for 15,000 units – including 10% of which were customer orders. That is better than expected, says Renault SA, and is similar to the volume of orders placed for the Megane II a week before it went on sale last year. Modus is based on Renault-Nissan’s Platform B. The Modus will cannibalize sales of the current and future Clio by about 5%, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.