SEOUL — Renault SA's truck division is in talks with Samsung Corp. about purchasing a stake in the South Korean chaebol's commercial vehicle unit. The talks are separate from the French automaker's ongoing negotiations to buy the assets of Samsung's passenger car division. Renault Vehicules Industriels officials reportedly say that talks are in the preliminary stages. A stake in Samsung Commercial Vehicles would give Renault V.I. a stronger foothold in Asia, plus access to the highly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.