Renault SA-Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.’s Australian operations will miss out on a new wave of mass-market electric vehicles due to a lack of federal government support. Renault-Nissan President Carlos Ghosn is quoted by the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper as saying none of the four confirmed Renault EVs due for production by 2012 will go to Australia. “Australia is not on the map for the moment,” he says. “We think, unless governments put incentives for consumers on the electric car, it's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.