GENEVA — Renault SA is closer to purchasing Automobile Dacia, Romania's biggest carmaker, (see WAI Update — Nov. '98, p.3). The deal, expected to close on April 13, would give Renault 51% control of the fourth-largest vehicle group in central and eastern Europe, after Volkswagen AG's Skoda Auto subsidiary in the Czech Republic and Fiat Auto Poland SA and Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd.'s operations in Poland, reports say. Analysts speculate the automaker, which made more than 100,000 vehicles in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.