VIENNA – French auto maker Renault SA acquires Fiat Auto SpA’s 20% holding in Moroccan assembler Societe Marocaine de Construction Automobile (SOMACA) for €4.5 million ($5.8 million). The purchase raises Renault’s equity in SOMACA from 34% to 54%, with the Moroccan government maintaining its 12% share. The company builds the Renault Kangoo and will begin production of the Logan in June. Other shareholders include PSA Peugeot Citroen with 20% and a group of private investors with 14%. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.