Renault SA is calling back 158,000 Clio and Kangoo models with diesel engines because of a problem with the fan belt. Vehicles affected include those with 1.5L diesel engines bought between June 2001 and June of this year and without air conditioning, says Reuters. Some two-thirds of the affected models were sold in France. A spokesman says the problem is not a safety hazard, but a technical issue that could worsen if not fixed immediately.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.