PARIS – The Iranian government has won a diplomatic victory in its negotiations with French auto maker Renault SA over a joint venture project to build the entry level Renault Logan small car in Iran. Minister of Industry and Mines Ali-Reza Tahmasebi suspended the project between Renault and government-owned auto makers Iran Khodro Co. and the Saipa Group on April 18. At issue was Renault’s objection to exporting 20% of the Iranian output, because it would have no control over obstacles, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.