Renault SA and local auto maker Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd. reach an agreement to build the Logan in India beginning in 2007. Production will be managed under a joint venture, with Mahindra owning a 51% stake and Renault controlling the remaining 49%. Cost for the venture is estimated at €125 million ($165 million), with production seen reaching 50,000 units annually. The pact ends weeks of rumors the two manufacturers would come together to expand the reach of the Logan to markets ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.