Despite their “green” image, electric vehicles are often less efficient and more polluting than the gasoline cars they replace, claims Clive Matthew-Wilson, outspoken editor of New Zealand car-buying guide The Dog & Lemon Guide. Matthew-Wilson says his 168-page report, entitled “The Emperor’s New Car,” is a long-overdue reality check. “The car industry is selling a false image of efficient, environmentally friendly electric cars powered by ‘green’ energy,” he says. “In reality, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.