CANBERRA – The Victoria Commissioner for Environmental Sustainability wants the Australian state’s government to use its buying power to encourage the local auto industry to produce smaller cars and vehicles that use alternative fuels. Commissioner Ian McPhail says in a report tabled in state Parliament that these vehicles are cheaper to run and have less environmental impact. He says only about one-third of the government's fleet of 20,000 vehicles is covered by its purchasing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.