DETROIT – The parade of suspect restraint systems continues to wend its way through the offices of defects investigators at the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. The latest auto maker to feel the heat is BMW AG, in response to 24 alleged cases of inadvertent air bag deployment. The vehicles in question: ’00-’01 3-Series. "Specifically, the complainants report that the side-impact air bags (thorax and curtain) deploy while driving over rough roads, potholes, curbs or with a flat ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.