The Ford Retired Engineering Executives (F.R.E.E.) donates a historic marker at Ford Motor Co.’s historic Piquette Avenue Plant. The 400-member group was to gather at the site, which is known as the home of the Model T, for a May 27 ceremony. The plant opened in 1905 and closed five years later due to overwhelming demand for the Model T, forcing Ford to construct a larger Highland Park Plant. About 50,000 units were assembled at Piquette from 1905-1910, vs. 70,000 units in Highland ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
•Medium- andheavy-duty truck volumes
•Historical data and much more!


For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Amber McLincha by email: amclincha@wardsauto.com or phone: (248) 799-2622

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

Already registered? here.