The Reva Electric Car Co. on April 11 launched the country's first electric car in New Delhi, priced at Rs 254,000 ($5,200). The Reva company, first known as Maini Amerigon, was incorporated in 1995 as a joint venture between Maini Group and AEVT Inc. of California. Reva builds the car near Bangalore at a facility that has a 1,500-unit capacity annually. The plant will expand to 12,000 cars by 2003. The auto maker has requested that the New Delhi state government waive road and sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.