DETROIT – General Motors Corp. says it will offer the option of diesel power for its ’06 Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana commercial vans. It marks the first time this generation of fullsize vans has been available with diesel engines. GM’s Powertrain Div. says its Duramax 6600 6.6L OHV V-8 turbodiesel will be offered as an option for the ’06 Chevy Express and GMC Savana. The current 4-engine lineup is comprised entirely of gasoline V-6 and V-8 engines, the largest being the 6L OHV V-8. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.