General Motors’ Chevrolet division is scaling back use of the long-running “Like a Rock” marketing campaign as the company introduces 10 new products in the next 20 months. Only the Silverado fullsize pickup will continue the “Like a Rock” tagline. The new marketing pitch – “An American Revolution” – will represent both Chevy cars and trucks in TV ads that begin Dec. 31. The new ads are accompanied by the song Magic Carpet Ride by the classic rock group Steppenwolf. “Frankly, with 10 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.