Generating 150 hp per liter of displacement suggests the ear-splitting scream of Formula 1 racing engines, not the muted clatter of a low-revving workhorse diesel. But that’s just what automotive-engineering consultant Ricardo plc. has accomplished by modifying a standard 4-cyl. turbodiesel built by the British construction-equipment company J.C. Bamford Excavators Ltd. that powers its wide range of backhoe loaders and other earthmoving equipment. Ricardo of Shoreham, U.K., started with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.