A 1.2L 4-cyl. turbodiesel “mild” hybrid system, expected to replace 2L diesels in C-class size cars and provide a fuel economy improvement of 20%, will begin road tests this year and be ready for customer presentations in 2002. The joint venture brings together advanced Ricardo Inc. diesel technology and Valeo SA’s 42-volt starter/generator/flywheel hybrid unit in a system that will showcase a number of advances. The targeted 59 mpg (4L/100 km) fuel economy, electrically heated exhaust ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.