The man with the swathe officially has started his new job at Volkswagen. Wolfgang Bernhard, the German who made a name for himself as a cost-cutter at Chrysler Group when it needed it most, is ready to do the same at VW. Bernhard is the brash young executive who played Robin to Chrysler’s Batman, CEO Dieter Zetsche. The fearless duo launched a 3-year turnaround plan to pull Chrysler from the brink, yet again. Zetsche was to grow revenue while his sidekick reined in cost. The young ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.