DETROIT – Ford Motor Co. makes an upward adjustment to its second-quarter production schedule in the wake of first-quarter financial results that exceeded expectations. The No.2 auto maker ratchets up its North American production 12.3%, despite its net loss of $800 million or $0.06 per share. This contrasts with the $1.06 billion net income generated during first quarter 2001; but compares favorably with analysts’ estimates – their consensus was of a loss per share of $0.15 cents. Of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.