The accompanying data, compiled by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), helps to illustrate how difficult it will be to nail down final responsibility for sport/utility vehicle rollover deaths alleged to be a function of certain tires and vehicles. WEVTU wonders what the public attitude might have been throughout the early weeks of the media frenzy focused on Ford Motor Co. and Firestone if facts such as above had been given equal time and focus. Surely there is much to be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.