Al Rothenberg, who covered the automotive industry for 55 years until he became ill a year ago, died June 23 in Indianapolis. He was 85. One of the nation’s first fulltime automotive journalists, Rothenberg was a frequent contributor to Ward’s publications starting in the 1960s. He wrote numerous important articles for the monthly Ward’s AutoWorld, including a hard-hitting, in-depth cover story entitled “Booze and Dope in the Auto Industry” that won the American Business Press’ coveted ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.