DETROIT -- Leading large-scale rotary-engine maker Rotary Power International will begin development of a hydrogen-fueled rotary engine generator set. RPI says the geometry of the rotary engine, particularly its ability to prevent pre-ignition of highly flammable fuels with rapid combustion characteristics and high sensitivity to surface ignition — and to burn extremely lean fuel mixtures — make it a choice use for hydrogen. The company currently builds engines using gaseous and liquid ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.