The head of the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. does not have a bias against SUVs, he tells the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation. But NHTSA Administrator Jeffrey Runge, who was smeared with the anti-SUV tag last month for a remark he made to reporters in Dearborn, does have a predisposition against vehicles that fare poorly in the agency’s rollover ratings. Runge supports voluntary action by auto makers in safety-improvement push. “Did you ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.