VIENNA – Gruppa GAZ, the Russian vehicle maker based in Nizhny Novgorod, signs a deal with General Motors Co. for the contract assembly of the next-generation Chevrolet Aveo, known as the Sonic in the U.S. Production is scheduled to begin in mid-2012 at GAZ’s plant in Nizhny Novgorod. About 30,000 Aveo sedans and hatchbacks are expected to be built annually. The vehicles will be sold on the Russian market. “General Motors is focused on strengthening its market position in Russia,” Jim ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.