Russia's OAO Severstal-Avto signs a deal to assemble South Korean truck maker Ssangyong Motor Co. Ltd.'s Kyron SUV beginning next March. The $1.3 billion agreement provides for 7,000-20,000 complete-knocked-down kits to be shipped annually over the next five years to a car plant in Naberezhnye Chelny, Tatarstan, operated by Severstal's OAO Zavod Mikrolitrazhnykh Avtomobiley (ZMA) division. Annual production will fluctuate as output is ramped up to the 20,000-unit target. CKD shipments ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.