VIENNA – Russia’s OOO Taganrogsky Avtomobilny Zavod (TagAZ) launches assembly of Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.’s midsize Sonata sedan at its plant in Taganrog, which also produces the smaller Hyundai Accent. Serial assembly of the cars began following completion of 120 Sonatas during a pilot-build program. Both the Accent and Sonata are assembled from complete-knocked-down kits. Hyundai Sonata TagAZ has requested 22,000 Accent and 14,000 Sonata kits for 2004, but so far Hyundai only will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.