VIENNA – Russian auto maker OAO IzhAvto, based in Izhevsk, has filed for bankruptcy, saying it cannot repay its debt amid the global economic downturn. IzhAvto appears to owe about RR11.3 billion ($368 million), although some sources say the company’s debt is more than RR14 billion ($456 million). The auto maker will try to restructure its financing, rather than fold operations, sources say. The car maker assembles the first-generation Kia Spectra and Sorento cross/utility vehicle from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.