VIENNA — A war over automobile engines is brewing in Russia, with several major companies buying up the country's few powerplant manufacturers. The players include rival material manufacturers OAO Severstal, Russia's steel giant, and OAO Sibirsky Alyuminiy (Sibal), a large aluminum company. Severstal has been in control of sport/utility vehicle (SUV) and 4-wheel-drive van manufacturer AOOT Ulyanovsky Avtomobilny Zavod (UAZ) since last fall. Sibal controls the second-largest Russian vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.