VIENNA – Russian President Dmitry Medvedev joined with General Motors Europe President Carl-Peter Forster to inaugurate the auto maker’s new $300 million car plant in Shushary, on the outskirts of St. Petersburg, Friday. OOO General Motors Avto’s new facility, which has a capacity of 70,000 units annually, will assemble cars from completely knocked-down kits. It already has begun building the Chevrolet Captiva cross/utility vehicle and will add the upscale Opel Antara CUV in early 2009. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.