Toyota Motor Mfg. North America Inc. began production Sept. 26 of the RX 330 cross/utility vehicle at its plant in Cambridge, Ont., Canada, marking the first time a Lexus has been built in North America. Toyota estimates it will build some 60,000 RX 330s annually at Cambridge, already home to the Toyota Corolla and Matrix. The RX 330 also will continue to be produced at Toyota Motor Corp.’s Kyushu, Japan, plant. Prior to the RX 330 launch in Canada, Japan had been the sole source of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.