Ford Motor Co. says it will continue to lose money this year in South America and says it is worried about losing government grants for a new plant it's building in Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. “We will lose money this year,” says John Devine, Ford's chief financial officer. Ford earlier said it expected to improve on its $226 million loss in South America last year. Ford's losses grew to $165 million in the first quarter from $45 million a year ago. Ford 1st Qtr Financial Results ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.