NEW YORK – Sales of Mercedes-Benz’s S-Class 350 BlueTec diesel are off to a slow but encouraging start, says Bernhard Glaser, general manager for product management-Mercedes-Benz USA. Only 60 units have been sold since Mercedes’s clean-diesel flagship reached showrooms in September. Glaser declines to say what volume of the S-Class BlueTec sedan ultimately will reach, but predicts it will bring incremental sales to the brand. The diesel expands the alternative-energy choices available ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.