DaimlerChrysler AG's Mercedes-Benz unit says its next-generation S-Class flagship sedan will feature an updated version of its Pre-Safe crash avoidance system. The revised system utilizes two complimentary radar frequencies to detect vehicles up ahead and warn of a potential impact, while priming the braking system for faster response during hard braking. Front seat-belts are tightened just before a possible impact and the front seats are moved to a position providing better occupant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.