First, Toyota Motor Corp. showed its “ist” concept car at last year’s Tokyo Auto Show, choosing to name it after a suffix that denotes the superlative. Rival Honda Motor Co. Ltd., not to be outdone in the esoteric name category, has now released the “That’s,” a boxy minicar, in the Japanese market. The name “That’s,” Honda says, was inspired by the phrase “That’s it,” uttered when people identify something they like (as opposed to when they are fed up). The avant-garde name no doubt ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.