The Queensland government will begin testing Australia’s first ethanol production vehicle this month. The Saab 9-5 BioPower car is a flex-fuel version of the Saab 9-5, able to run on either E85 (a blend of 85% ethanol/15% gasoline) or gasoline from the same fuel tank. Saab Australia Pty. Ltd. has chosen the sugarcane-growing region of Queensland's Gold Coast for the vehicle’s launch. The BioPower addresses the “chicken and egg” dilemma of supply and demand when trying to bring a new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.