Concentrating on new paint materials and application methods, Saab Autombile AB has been able to cut its release of hazardous organic substances enough to beat a Swedish government mandate by eight years. The rules call for a 50% reduction in pollutants by 2010. Saab now generates only 5.1 lbs. (2.3 kg) of solvents per car, compared with 30.9 lbs. (14 kg)/car in 1990.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.