TURIN — Saab Automobile is moving its main design studio 80 km (50 miles) south from its headquarters in Trollhattan, Sweden, to Gothenburg. The new facility opens in spring 2002 and is part of a concerted effort by Saab’s new design boss, Michael Mauer, to make Saab more attractive to potential employees. After a decade when maintaining the status quo was considered sufficient and sales stagnated at just 100,000-120,000 annually, Saab is on the move, pushing to double volumes to 250,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.