MILFORD, MI – Saab Automobile plans to drop a 280-hp turbocharged version of General Motors Corp.’s all-new 2.8L quad-cam V-6 into its 9-3 model. The new engine, expected to be launched simultaneously with the introduction of the 9-3 Sporthatch wagon next summer, also will be offered in the 9-3 sedan and cabriolet. Turbo V-6 Saab 9-3 in works. However, it won’t be fitted into next year’s facelifted 9-5, which remains based on the old Vauxhall Cavalier/Opel Calibra platform. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.