Jay G. Spenchian has another job to do. As part of an executive team, Spenchian helped re-engineer Cadillac in the late-1990s. Key to its comeback was an innovative advertising campaign that used classic Rock ’n Roll music by Led Zeppelin to energize the brand and make consumers forget about tailfins and velour and begin to associate Cadillac with driver-oriented machines. Named Saab’s U.S. general manager in April, marketing guru Spenchian now is charged with reinvigorating a brand ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.