SHANGHAI — Shanghai Automotive Industry Group Corp. (SAIC) acquires a 20% stake in Anhui Chery Automotive Co. Ltd. based in Anhui province. The new company, renamed SAIC-Chery Automotive Co. Ltd., will produce two types of Chery models. Anhui Chery produced its first Chery-brand car at the end of 1999. The car, equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission, has a top speed of 168 km/h and starts at about RMB88,000 (US$10,600). SAIC-Chery reportedly plans to produce hatchback cars, pickups ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.