China’s Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. (SAIC) is in discussions concerning a possible merger with Yuejin Motor Group, says a Yuejin official. Yuejin is the Chinese partner of Fiat SpA and has a 50/50 joint venture plant with the Italian auto maker in Nanjing that produces light commercial vehicles. The official says Yuejin approached SAIC about a merger last year, but no deal has yet been reached. SAIC is the second biggest and most profitable auto group in China. The proposed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.